Monday, November 21, 2016

Bouncing back from Hernia Surgery

Hello all,

It's been about three years since I posted last.
Here is a photo of my participation in this year's Columbus Marathon.
I wore a Marine Flak Jacket and Loaded Marine Ruck (65 lbs.) and carried the American Flag as well as the Semper Fi Fund flag, whom I raised money for this year.

I am going to start things up again here and think now is a great time to do so.
I'll explain why; I am having Hernia surgery on Monday, November 28th.
I am kicking the blog back into gear because I want to share my experience with the surgery itself.
More importantly, I want to share my journey of rehabbing back from surgery to running and excelling and challenging myself physically.
Historically I am a person who does not do well if a few days pass and I have not run or exercised.
I am nervous that I will be a bear to live with for the next 6 weeks.
Here's how I'm feeling now:

  • A little nervous for the surgery itself.
  • Excited to get an issue taken care of.
  • Anxious to get back to exercising after the surgery.
  • A little nervous that I don't overdo it too fast too soon (I know me).


My plan is to work with my surgeon and doctor and work up a rehab plan and stick to it religiously.
I have always done well when I have stuck to a written plan in the past.
That's my plan this time.

Wish me luck in my surgery and I'll post again on Monday after my surgery.
Cheers and Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment