Saturday, January 9, 2010

Bexley Running Group

Hey all!
I wanted to let you, all how ever many of you, that I have gotten a running group going where I live here in Bexley, Ohio. It is just East of downtown Columbus by 3.5 miles.
We meet every Saturday morning at the Jeni's Ice Cream in Bexley at the corner of Parkview and Main Streets.
Here is a link to the location:

http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=UTF-8&sourceid=navclient&gfns=1&q=google%20maps&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl



We ran this morning and had a great run. It was a bit cold at the beginning but it was not as bad as I was expecting. We had 8 runners total.
Here we are:















I also to a picture of this flock of geese flying South that I took after our run. I tacked on a few miles at the end and heard this faint "Honk, Honk, Honk" and looked up and saw two groups, sorry flocks of geese about this size. I always think this is an impressive sight.
Do they take turns at the front like a cycling peloton performing an echelon in the wind? Is it the oldest one at the front? Is that the only one that knows the way or is that the one with the GPS? Inquiring minds want to know.















Please join us whenever you can. You don't have to live in Bexley to join us. Just come and have fun running with a group a people. We have all different paces so no one gets left behind.
Have a great day.
Get out there and RUN.

No comments:

Post a Comment